Attendance & Punctuality
Good attendance is important because:
- regular and punctual attendance is essential for effective learning
- statistics show a direct link between under-achievement and attendance below 96%
- regular attenders make better progress, both socially and academically
- regular attenders find school routines, school work and friendships easier to cope with
- regular attenders find learning more satisfying
- regular attenders are more successful in transferring between primary school, secondary school, and higher education, employment or training
We place great importance on attendance and monitor attendance daily. Attendance has a high profile within our school and we recognise and reward good and improved attendance.
Our school day is from 8.45am – 3.00pm
School gates open at 8.30am allowing children access to the playground
School doors open at 8.40am and children are to be in class by 8.45am
Mon – Thurs 10.30 – 10.45
Fri 10.45 – 11.00
At the end of the day the gates will open at 2.55pm to allow parents access to the playground. Please remind children if the usual person who collects them is not there they must go to the school office and wait, not wander out of school looking for the adult.
We ask that all parents access the school via the front office and not the white door on the playground as this is only for children. Any questions or queries or if you want to speak to your child’s teacher must be done via the front office to ensure that we can keep all children safe and that we aware of who is in the school building.
Holidays in Term Time
Headteachers may not grant any leave of absence during term time unless there are exceptional circumstances.
This means that we will not authorise leave of absence for family holidays during term time, unless we are satisfied that there are exceptional circumstances. Please ask at the school office for more information.
Click the Banner Below to access Portsmouth City Council's Attendance Campaign