Attendance & Punctuality
Good attendance is important because:
- regular and punctual attendance is essential for effective learning
- statistics show a direct link between under-achievement and attendance below 96%
- regular attenders make better progress, both socially and academically
- regular attenders find school routines, school work and friendships easier to cope with
- regular attenders find learning more satisfying
- regular attenders are more successful in transferring between primary school, secondary school, and higher education, employment or training
We place great importance on attendance and monitor attendance daily. Attendance has a high profile within our school and we recognise and reward good and improved attendance.
|Start of day at allocated gates||8:45am (Year 3 & 4)
9:00am (Year 5 & 6)
10:15am - 10:35am (Year 3 & 4) 1:45pm -2:00pm (Year 3) 2:00 - 2:15pm (Year 4)
10:40am - 11:00am (Year 5 & 6)
12.10pm - 1:00pm
Year 3 & 4 Play & Eat
Year 5 & 6 Eat & Play
End of Day at allocated gates
3:00pm (Year 3 & 4)
3:15pm (Year 5 & 6)
We ask that all parents access the school via the front office. If you have any questions or queries or if you want to speak to your child’s teacher, this must be done via the front office. This ensures that we can keep all children safe and that we aware of who is in the school building.
Holidays in Term Time
Headteachers may not grant any leave of absence during term time unless there are exceptional circumstances.
This means that we will not authorise leave of absence for family holidays during term time, unless we are satisfied that there are exceptional circumstances. Please ask at the school office for more information.
Click the Banner Below to access Portsmouth City Council's Attendance Campaign